Monday, October 10, 2005

Two nights out

It has been so long since I have updated...so I am going to put 2 Saturdays into one post. Last Saturday PFC McNeil came and babysat for us. Now I have pretty much only left the kids with family so this was really hard for me to do. I got Abby to sleep and all kids were in Jammies ready to go. Gavin was pretty upset I was leaving and he cried. We were not sure what we were going to do since at the last minute our plans fell through. But I told Court we have a sitter and this is our first time out in months....no way am I going home yet!

So we went to Court's favorite bar called The Voodoo. He knows the owner pretty well and likes to sit and chat with her. The place was pretty small. Just a bar, few booths and a pool table but it was cozy and laid back. This is the first time I have been to a bar since 1998!

This was only the second time I have left post at night. The first being the night we got here. Neon Neon everywhere! Above is a shot of the Voodoo sign. Below just a shot of the street.

A lot of times you see people sitting outside eating and/or drinking. It was raining this night so there really was not anyone out.

Can you spot the difference???

On the left is Nate...one of Court's friends. On the right is Court. I got a kick out of these pics. Here we are at a bar and what are they doing? Messing with the computer! The computer provides the music for the bar. If they do not have it they will gladly download it for you. At this bar they have the "juicy" or drink girls. You buy them a drink and they will sit and talk with you. A regular drink is about $5. But for them it is $10. Some places I hear the girls are full service but not at this place. Court says some of the places the girls are all over you just as soon as you walk in the door... buy me drink? This girl whose name I cannot remember was really friendly. And Nate was just posing for me. He has a wife and 2 month old son.

So things were a little dead until 2 Korean girls came in. Now I was the only non working woman up until this point. Everyone else was male and in the military. So when the girls came in the guys were all over them. I love to people watch so it provided for some good entertainment. Plus I hardly ever get out so I really started to enjoy myself at this point. We decided to head to a different bar. We went to the Sun Club and the girls and several of the guys from the other bar followed.

Here is a picture at the Sun Club. The Korean girl who was very very very drunk and very very very dramatic. Ivan in the middle and he is the one who picked her up. And he is married. Hate that all these married guys have girl friends on the side while their wives are back home in the US missing them. Court said I should not post these pics but I say if he was stupid enough to act like that in front of me AND let me take a picture then it's his own fault. Nate is also there trying to help translate and was pretty bored. He eventually left and went back to the Voodoo.

An old lady came in with flowers for 10,000 won and Ivan bought a bunch for the girl. She seemed pretty happy about it. Now as far as we know she did not go home with him but with someone else. But it was pretty entertaining for me to watch since I was pretty sober.

Fast Forward to Saturday the 8th....

We had a small dinner party and invited Nate and his wife and Paul and his girl friend Maria. I made Stew with mashed potatoes and cheese on top. Guess everyone is jealous of Court getting that "down home cooking" and wanted to come over. This is the first time I had cooked for so many people.

The dinner party was a success. It was nice to have people over for a change. I really would have been happy just staying at home. It would have been nice if we had some games to play or something. PFC McNeil came around 8:30 to watch the kids and load up on some grubb. So we just had to take advantage of having a sitter again. We went to The Sun club which is where Maria works.

Here are Paul and Maria. I think so far they are my favorite couple. Paul is not married and so is not cheating on his wife. Maria seems super nice and a lot of fun to be with. Here is Mike Shaw (another of Court's friends) sitting with Paul. He seemed nice enough though pretty gloomy and dark. I don't think he said two words to me. But that is ok. I wish I had gotten a picture but some Korean Mafia guy came in while we were there. He checked everyone out and was peeking in the private singing room. The bathroom there was unisex...meaning there was just a place to squat. But Maria was kind enough to take me upstairs to the bathroom. It was in need of some bleach in a bad way.

***and yes even at 31 years old I still give bathroom reports! LOL

After a bit we headed to this bar called The Monkey House. It is a little larger than the Voodoo. More girls working and 2 pool tables. By this point I was done drinking and had just a coke. Some drunk guy kept talking to Court and I and I was thinking please just go AWAY! We finally left to get rid of him. It was really nice out so we walked home. It was maybe a mile or so to Camp George. And that was that. Court and I decided he is strange because he is probably the only guy in Korea that will actually take his wife to a bar with him. :) I hope we go somewhere different next time just for a change of scenery. The Sun Club is getting ready to move closer to Camp George and if it is nice I think we may go there since it is so close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Meg. If they are that stupid to do it in public, who cares if it gets posted. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun :)