Sunday, October 16, 2005

Our playground


Thad asked for some pictures of the playground near our apartment. It is between 4 or 5 of the buildings and during the week Dee and I take the kids there everyday after school for an hour or so. Abby Doodle loves to play at the play ground. I just let the kids run loose! Usually this is ok but lately there have been a lot of kids at the playground playing unsupervised and they get really rough. Abby and Maddie have both been hit in the head with foot balls causing me to go psycho mom on the kids.

Thursday some of the people that work at the apartment buildings were sweeping and left their broom while they took a break. A kids walked up to it and kicked it for no reason other than it was there. Of course his mom was not there to watch him as she should be. Kids under 12 are not to be unsupervised at the playground. So I yelled at him and made him put the broom back up. Then he was climbing into the cart and messing with the brooms and Gavin decided that would be fun to. I could feel psycho mom coming out again but I held her back and just did a little screaming to make them stop. I should really try and take my meds on a regular basis.

Also on Thursday was this one devil child. I think he must be 3 or 4 but he is sooo aggressive. Abby had her little riding toy out at the play ground and was not on it at the time. So this little boy got on it. This made Abby upset and she told him it was her bike. He opened his mouth tried to bite her and then head butted her and knocked her down. WTF? And of course the parents do nothing. So he was there again and kept hitting her with a car so we left.

Here is Maddie on the swings. She really likes to swing a lot.
Those are all the pictures I have of the actual playground but these are the buildings that surround it.

There is a picnic/BBQ area also. Dee and I sit there and have snack with the kids since you cannot have food at the playground. A rule no one else seems to pay attention to but us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The park looks really clean compaired to the streets there. Is this one on base? I forgot.