Sunday, October 02, 2005

Plumbing pics!

Here are the pictures of the bathroom as promised (here you go mom!). The first one is our bath which is off the master bedroom. It has a sink, toilet and medicine cabinet. As you can see if you look there is also a shower attached to the sink. This is typical Korean as I understand they do not have showers like ours. There is a drain in the floor as well. So I guess if I wanted to I could take a shower in there.
Here is the sink. Took me a few to figure it out at first because it is a bit different. The thing on the right controls the pressure and temperature of the water. The thing on the left is where the water comes from. Underneath the faucet is the place to pull if you want a shower.

On to the main bathroom. Excuse the mess. Here is the toilet. Very American and flushes like "normal" as well. I have run across a toilet that had a button on the side that you pushed. There is a vanity of sorts that covers over the top of the toilet tank.
Here is the shower and part of the tub. The bath is nice sized and very deep. Probably as deep as the one at my mom's for those of you who have been there. Not as wide or long though. The shower head comes off and I like that. Pretty handy I think!
Ahhh a shot of the lovely tile. Dark green swirly on the floor. Lighter green swirly on the walls with a flowery border.

Here is the medicine chest. Someone has covered it with a different light green swirly contact paper which I feel clashes badly with the other swirly patterns. You can see just a bit of the ceiling which is a blue swirl. Be nice if they could have just done the entire thing in blue! Or better yet in white. All of my bath stuff is blue and as I have so much I am not going to match I guess. Both baths are done in the same tile. Both have fluorescent lighting and I think it is really dark in the main bathroom. The main bath also has a drain so I guess I could just spray it down with the shower head if I wanted to. My neighbor, Dee says every so often you need to pour some bleach down the drain or it smells. She also mentioned that she has heard people on other floors talking/arguing through the drain. So we keep the doors closed on the bathroom now just in case! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meg, it would be interesting to see the inside of the toilet. In Germany the toilets were quite different than in the U.S.