Sunday, March 05, 2006

Out to the Ariana

One of the contractors that Court works with is being transferred to Camp Humphreys next week. So we all went out as a going away party. We met up at the Ariana hotel/bar around 7 pm.
Here is a bad shot of the street out in front of the place.


Here is a pic of the sign on the bar. I am not sure what time it starts but from the time we got there until 9 pm they have a special. All you can eat and drink for 16,000 won per person. A pretty good deal I think. They have a huge buffet. I really like eating from a buffet because it gives me a chance to try new foods.

We have 4 tables reserved up near the stage and 20 or so people showed up. Court and Sue are on the right. Maria and Paul on the left.

On the buffet they had these yummy bugs. I brought this bowl to Court but he would not try them. Okay..I did not either and the poor bugs ended up covered with a napkin because they made all of us want to puke.

I grabbed a sampling of the desserts. The swirl things at the bottom were a sweet bread like thing. The pink slice..I am not sure. It was sort of like ice-cream but not. I am not sure what the other things were but they were pretty tasty and pretty to look at.

The band was the same as the last time.... The Sprint. Not so great of a band and really good for a lot of laughs.
There was other entertainment as well. I actually enjoyed this more than the band. This lady did some belly dancing and I thought she was pretty good.


These two came out and danced as well. This was the best shot I could get.

Then the balloon guy came. This is when the fun really started. We motioned for the guy to come over to our table and so he did. He made balloon hats, a big bouquet of balloon flowers and a balloon umbrella. Beer plus balloons makes for a fun time.


Here I am with Paul laughing our silly heads off.

Rob, Sue and Court laughing it up for the camera. I do not think I have laughed this hard in a long time.
Rock on Court!

Here is Paul with Nate's baby, Xavier. He is soooo cute! It really makes me want another baby.

Around 9:00 or so we all headed out and caught cabs. We went to the VFW because the drinks were cheaper there. Don paid $200 to the bar to make it an open bar so all the drinks were on him.
Tequila shots...cheers!

Bottoms up!

No comments: