Saturday, March 11, 2006

Daegu Tour Part III

Daegu National Museum

This was the last stop on our little tour. I did not mention that we were supposed to go to some other places but so many of us have kids in school and needed to be back no later than 2:20 to pick them up. Friday it was just beautiful out. Very warm and sunny. It was a good day to be outside!


Here is a picture of the outside of the museum. And here is a little tid-bit about it:

Opened in 1994, the Daegu National Museum is composed of three exhibition halls and one event hall. The museum exhibits about 1,300 historical relics collected in the Yeongnam region. Folklore Hall exhibits replicas of traditional houses and other artifacts of Yeongnam that helps visitors better understand the region’s architecture style, lifestyle, religion, etc.



Some shots of the inside. Thank goodness they had a ramp since I was no longer willing to do stairs at that point and I had Abby in her stroller.

These are some old swords. They had a lot of neat things to look at but the girls were pretty restless and not too interested in standing around so I could look. I took a lot of pictures but we could not use a flash and it was pretty dark in the museum so most did not turn out too great.



These are some old crowns. I really liked the folklore hall the best. I think the girls did too because they had little buildings with little people. I liked seeing how the different houses looked and the various clothing etc.


Back outside to enjoy the beautiful day and let the girls run about. These guys are playing some sort of traditional game which involves throwing sticks into a pot.


This is a really old Pagoda that is 1000 or so years old.


Abby always gets loads of attention and she loves it. She is so friendly! Here she is making friends with this lady. She offered her drink and by the time we left the lady was holding Abby.

That was the end of the tour. We got back on the bus and headed back to Camp George. I am hoping they will do another tour. I suggested a temple to Mrs. Webb so we will see. The bad thing about going with a tour is you have to stay with the tour. I would have like to walk around the medicine hall longer and look in the shops nearby and take pictures. The second place we went was ok but really did not interest me too much. I am glad I went though.

No comments: