Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Well it is obvious I am no good at keeping up with this blog. I am going to try something different and post a bit each day and then put it up once a week (maybe). It is hoping going to be a fun week because we are going to Osan Air Base this weekend. Plus with President's Day it will be a long weekend (woohoo!)

Monday
Seems like I was up most of last night with Abby. I know she was in bed with us and Maddie came along in bed too. Abby was upset and crying and had a croupy sounding cough. She and I finally moved to the living room. I think she finally crashed around 3 ish? I slept on the couch so she would not bother Court or Maddie. Court got me up at the usual 5:30 and I had him let me sleep a bit longer. I tried for a nap later on but Maddie kept coming in to see if I was sleeping. Picked Gavin up after school and asked his teacher about Valentine's day. Nothing had been sent home and nothing had been said. She said the kids were more than welcome to bring cards to exchange but there would be no class party... *rolling eyes here* Well no of course she would never have a party. That would be something fun for the kids to do. And heaven forbid it has to take away from class time. She was nice enough to send a list of the kids' names home. It would have been nice to do that a few days ago.... I took the kids to the playground until 3 pm. Then Gavin had tutoring until 3:30. Usually it is until 4 pm but they were spraying for bugs at the school so it ended early. While he was tutoring Maddie and ABby played at the little playground next to the school. Then it was back home again and homework time. Gavin had to write his spelling words 3 times each. This week he has 13 words. Doesn't that seem like a lot for First grade?

Gavin went to one of his friend's who lives on the 2nd floor. The rule is if he is going to leave and go somewhere else he has to let us know. We have had problems with this. Court and I were talking in the computer room and I could hear Gavin talking. I looked out the window and see him downstairs walking towards the parking lot. So we had to have a long talk with him again. He is grounded tonight from going anywhere. Zach has already been down to see if he could play. I feel guilty but he needs to learn it is important that we always know where he is.

6:30 pm Gavin and Court went to Tiger Cubs. Gavin wore his uniform this time. And that was Monday.

Tuesday

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I had another bad night with Abby. She was up until almost midnight. I finally put some blankets on the floor and she layed there with me pulling my hair. I fell asleep before she did. Woke up around 2:30 and got into bed with Court. I sure am hoping tonight will be better for sleep. Abby has had a fever off and on all day. I wanted to go to the commissary but just did not feel up to it. My head has hurt and I am just plain tired.

Gavin went off to school with his bag of cards and candy. His teacher gave them some time to pass out Valentine's but no party. I know school is important and I know there is not enough time to learn all that there is to learn. But give me a break. 30 minutes of one day for a fun little party. It seems like they have taken all the fun out of the schools now that they cannot celebrate holidays. And seriously this is not even a religious thing..it is just his teacher because other classes had parties. I was polling kids and parents after school today.

I have tried to do some housework but just do not feel like it. Sat and did 5 pages of math homework with Gavin. He is doing time. We also studied his spelling words. I am just waiting for Court to come home now. I will finish up Tuesday tomorrow....

Wednesday
Court got me a box of candy and a beautiful necklace for V-day.

I am writing this post more than a week later and my mind has gone blank. I am soooo bad!

No comments: