Sunday, February 12, 2006

Celebrating the promotion

Uggg I am getting so bad about keeping this updated and I do not know why. Not enough time I guess. Also for whatever reason it takes me a million years to upload my pics to blogger. Anyways....this was last Friday...February 3rd. Since it was Friday we started out at the bowling alley. Court is on a bowling league and they bowl every Friday. It was ok. Sue was there and she and I sat around and talked a lot. I ran to the KATUSA snack bar and had some yummy bulgogi and rice. They have slot machines you can play. This is an awful pic of me. But I had fun wasting $10 and thinking of Gordon while I played.

Here is SFC Rippstine. She was just a tad bit drunk. So much in fact she could not sit up to keep on drinking.

Around 10:30 pm or so we made our way off post to the VFW. Court asked me if it was how I thought it would be....I said I dunno...I always thought of the VFW as having a lot of old guys in funky hats sitting around. It was actually pretty nice and there were quite a few people there.


Court rang the bell twice. This means he bought a round of drinks for everyone there. Ringing the bell causes the bar to cheer. I had a rum and coke. I tried for a Long Island Iced Tea or a White Russian but they could do neither. So I ended up drinking 7-up. I am just not much of a drinker I guess. Here is Rob and Sue. Sue is one of my new favorite people. She is just so wonderful and I really like her a lot!
Here are a few shots of all the people there to celebrate. It was really a good time. Loads of chatting and laughing. Also they had really good music playing....classic rock which is my favorite. Court said that was due to the older guys sitting up at the bar...they were choosing the music.

I have not had a bathroom post for awhile.... The Men's bathroom is downstairs in the VFW...Well lit and I am assuming heated. The women's bathroom on the other hand.... you have to go out a door and up a very long flight of narrow stairs outside on the roof. It is winter here and it is cold! Then after doing your business you have to walk back down the stairs which are really steep and narrow. I am glad I did not drink a whole lot because I probably would have fallen.
Bill the cat on a Kimchi Pot.
Around midnight we had to head out. There is a 1 am curfew here and we needed to get back in time to relieve the babysitter and give her time to go home as well. We stopped off at BBQ's. I guess this is like the local KFC. We got in just before they closed up.


Here is Court waiting while they cook up our snack.And back home again. Pepsi and chicken. They were like big nuggets and there was a sweet bar-b-que sauce for them. It was pretty good.

No comments: