Monday, February 27, 2006

Trip to E-Mart

I am a little behind with these pictures but still wanted to get them up. These were taken on presidents day...Feb. 20th. We went out to lunch with some friends and on to E-mart.

Here is the car we rented when we went to Osan. I think it was a Daewoo something or other. Super nice compared to our car. We kept it a few extra days and decided to go to E-mart.

We followed Craig and his family there...got lost a few times but eventually found our way. Thought I would get a shot of the parking garage since it is like all the other ones I have been in for the big stores. Really small spots. They also usually have people directing traffic and telling you where to park. Since this was a Monday it was not as crowded.

The following are a few shots from the parking garage to give you an idea of the local scenery.


Here is Abby in the floor in the toy section. They have a pretty good selection of toys at this E-mart. Way in the background wearing the blue Jersey you can just make out Court. Some of these shots were taken by Gavin. He has gotten into the habit now of taking my camera and going off to take pictures. About half of them are no good and some of them are usable.

Gavin took this one while riding up the escalator. You can see a lot of this one floor. This store is huge and there is so much to look at. We spent several hours here.

Flowers...picture by Gavin.

Some cutesy stuff. Looks like pencils/pens and cases for them. Also bags. Love the Hello Kitty stuff!
After telling his wife "no pets" Craig proceeds to buy two baby bunnies. He later returned them and bought a dog instead.
Here are two sales ladies in the kids clothing section. I never feel like I can really browse in these because a salesperson is always coming up to me. I just want to look and do not need help. I am not sure if they work on commission or not? Pic by Gavin.
The school year is ending here and a new one is beginning for the kids that are Korean so there are a lot of school supplies for sale. Gavin took this picture. These backpacks are pretty pricey. 40,000 won or around $40.

Say Cheese! Another picture courtesy of Gavin. A Korean family having some dinner at the food court. I picked up these two DVD's. They both work on our DVD player are were around $4 each! WOOHOO!

Banana flavored yogurt drink. Abby loves these.

Mini Kimchi pots. I should have gotten a few more of these. They were around $2 each and they will make nice little gifts to take back home.

Awesome strawberries! YUM! The produce is so much better at the Korean stores than at the Commissary.

I took these other shots while we were just off Camp Walker.

I have not been in this place but I have been told you can take a picture of a dress in and the lady can make it for you. A lot of people use her for formal dresses.

Just a random shot of the street off Camp Walker.


Here is a blanket Court bought me. He thought it was mink but it is not so I gave it to Maddie. She is allergic to her Mink blanket so she needed a special blanket like her brother and sister.

No comments: