Sunday, February 19, 2006

Shopping in Osan Part One Food and Travel...

We left Daegu around 9:30 am. This was the first time I have been out of Daegu since arriving here in September. I was so excited to be going somewhere. We rented a car as ours is not reliable/large enough for long trips. We followed SFC Rippstine, her husband and daughter. It was a nice drive. The road was great and it was interstate the whole way...(guess it would not really be an interstate..but you get my meaning ;) )


Just some conversions for you....
132 km = about 83 miles. 100 km/h = about 62 mph. And here is what the hiway looked like. It was mountains all the way and just beautiful countryside.
It was toll road almost the entire way. Traffic did not seem too bad. A few spots it got kinda heavy. We got to Pyongtaek/Camp Humphreys around noon. Since Humphreys is Army SFC Rippstine, her Hubby and Court wanted to go to military sales to see if they had any of the new uniforms available.
We did a bit of shopping at the HUGE Px there. At least it seemed huge in comparison to Walker. I hit the clearance rack and got a bunch of clearance clothes for Abby. $2 each for several tops...did not seem so bad! We gave the kids snacks and loaded back up and were on our way to Osan.

Osan was just a short 30 minute car ride. It is an Air Base and seemed HUGE in comparison. We went to the BX and had lunch. They had a Captain D's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway and several others. I had Subway and Court and kids had Captain D's.

Maddie, Abby, Gavin and Maria above all looking happy and ready to shop!

We drove to the other side of the base and parked near the gate. A lot of people were out shopping since it is a long weekend for us. As you can see above it was crowded.

I decided to just group all these pictures together. There were a lot of food vendors.

Gavin took this shot. Not sure what it is. Court says some sort of fish.

They have Popeye's on and off post. This one was obviously off post/base.

Chicken on a Stick. I have to tell you it is very very good. SFC Rippstine bought me some and I think I will have to eat it again sometime. A little spicy but still very good.

The two shots above were in a little alley. I thought they were neat. As I was taking the pictures a group of older Korean women were laughing at me.

Now on to the next part....all the shops and stuff to buy!

No comments: