Sunday, November 13, 2005

Woobang Land

Well we finally did it. We went to Woobang Land. We could not leave town as we had planned due to the APEC conference getting ready to happen in Pusan all passes have been canceled. So we decided to stay close to home. It took us a while to figure out how to get there. I have a map of the city..sort of and tried to read it to get us there. But it is not a very good map. I thought we were going West when in fact it was North...LOL. Anyways we got there with no major problems and had a nice tour of part of the city as well.

We went into the park the backway. We really did not know what we were doing but we got there at least. There was a HUGE fountain as we walked down. Here are Court and I posing for a pic and Gavin took it for us.
Lots and lots of stairs to climb down and a I just took it slow. My ankle is greatly improved but stairs still are a little hard.

There were stepping stones to cross the fountains and Gavin and Maddie had fun hopping back and forth. I was actually surprised no one fell in! Above is Maddie doing one of her new "princess" poses.


I really like this one of Gavin I think it turned out really well. All along the stairs as we climbed down were flowers and landscaping. I think these are the first bits of planted color I have seen since being here in Korea and it did my eyes good.

Here is Abby posing near some of the flowers. She would have really liked to get into them and pick some.

The place was pretty empty when we got there. But a lot of people here work on Saturdays and the kids have school for half a day on Saturday as well. Later on more people came. It was pretty nice while it was mostly empty.

This was outside one of the restaurants there...supposedly a "western BBQ" somehow I doubt that my version of western bbq and the version there were similar.

These guys came walking along and Gavin wanted his picture taken with them. I am thinking they are Transformers? I think it would be really hard to walk all day in these costumes!

Poor Abby...she was too little for almost all the rides there. But luckily they had these mini ride thingys everywhere. 1,000 won and she was driving along in her pink Barbie car.

Gavin, Maddie, Abby and Court all went on the Carousel. Gavin rode on a horse and everyone else went in this carriage.

The Balloon ride. Gavin, Maddie and Court went on this one. Just looking at the pictures makes me want to vomit. I am old and no longer can handle the round and round type ride.

They are in the green and white balloon. I sooo glad to be the one on the ground just taking pictures!

Here are Gavin and Maddie on "Circuit 2000". I think they did this one twice. It was sort of like a mini coaster/train and they both loved it.

Ok so it was finally my turn to ride a ride. This is the Ninja Turtle. Abby could go on it with me too. It moved pretty slow and I was fine until it went backwards. I was glad to get off of it cause I was starting to feel a bit sick....

Look at Maddie just smiling in this one. She does love Roller Coasters. I think this was her favorite ride.

After we ran out of tickets we went in search of food and snacks. Court is buying a waffle of sorts that had some sort of chocolate frosting and honey put on it. Too sweet for me but Abby enjoyed it.

Maddie picked Cotton Candy and look how huge it was! She ended up sharing with all. Gavin had a huge ice-cream cone. No pic of that though.

Court and I went to this place that said it had Carnival food and it ended up just having regular Korean dishes. Above is Rice Kimbap. Looks a bit like Sushi I think. They take seaweed and roll up rice and who knows what else was in there. Maybe some tofu? I ate about half and then decided that was enough. In the bowl is some sort of soup (?) I think (?)

This above is Bulgoki and rice. There is the typical side dish of Kimchi and another bowl of the soup (?). Tried the Kimchi but my lips were so chapped they burned. The bulgoki was really tasty though. I tried that yellow slice thing. I am not sure what it was. Tasted sort of like a sweet pickle.

Near the kid park was a walkway leading to a wooded area. Abby decided to take off. I guess she thought we were going that way.

This was the high light of Gavin's day. They had a Kirby Balloon. Maddie got a balloon with a barbie type doll on it and Abby's has a cat.

They had a few coasters and I would have ridden them but did not want to ride alone. Maddie probably would have ridden with me but she is too small. Anyways I got a kick out of the warning sign. The weak and drunken never get to have any fun!

This shot is of the Tower from the other end of the park. We can see the tower from where we live and I use it as a reference since it is pretty close to where we live.

Those last two shots are of the city as we left. I would have liked to ride in the sky cars but no one seemed interested.

So that wraps up our trip to Woobang Land. The kids had a wonderful time and really enjoyed themselves. And that is what is most important. As far as amusement parks go...well it pretty much sucked. It was great to get out as a family and do something special just for the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a wonderful entry honey. Looks like you had a blast.

Are you loosing weight with all that funky food?

I am glad Court took you out there.

Love the rides and the waterfall is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The picture of Court and you turned out great. I think you should table frame it.