Wednesday, November 09, 2005

We now have 2 cats!

After a long and hard search for an affordable cat we found two within a few days.

Last week I kept hearing a cat meowing downstairs and I mentioned it to Court. So he tells me there is a kitten in a cage downstairs! Grrrrr. The poor thing had been there all night. So I told him to go and get it for me..but he couldn't do it at that time.

Here is a shot from the computer room down at the cage the poor thing was stuck in.

So around 10 am last Friday..the children and I went down to have a look. Saw that it was in fact a kitten. It seemed pretty wild at the time and was hissing and spitting at me. We went into the management office and I asked the lady up front about the cat. Was it a stray? She told me yes so I just was to the point and asked.. Can I have it?

There was dead silence....I think I must have shocked her for a minute because she asked me to repeat myself and so I asked again. And her response was to say...You want that cat?!? I am not sure if she was so incredulous because it was wild or because it is just your basic cat..no fancy breed. Who knows but I did assure her that I love love love cats and we really really really wanted one. So now we have a kitten.
I am pretty sure it is a male cat...but I could be wrong. He is so young it is hard to tell. I am guessing his age to be around 6 weeks or so. But cats are smaller here so he may be a little older...but not much. He is nothing but skin and bones. I can feel his back bone and it is soooo sad.

Gavin has named him Kirby. After his most favorite cartoon and game character Kirby. I think the name fits. I just hope it does not turn out to be a girl because then we have to find another name.

The other new cat.....

We also got Snowball on the same day. She was found at the Camp Walker Vet Clinic. She is pretty small but full grown. She is all white except for a grey patch right on the back of her head. She is pretty shy so this is the only picture we have so far...


There she is...Snowball. She has one blue eye and one brown eye. Last night I was holding her and she finally purred so hopefully we can become friends real soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
one reason for her reaction might be, that they still think cats are evil and spread diseases :(
Which they might, because nobody bothers to give them any shots....
Nice to meet you, we are over in Waegwan :)
Take care, Nicole