Friday, September 16, 2005

Welcome to my blog



I am just your typical Army wife who has followed her husband to Korea. We live on Camp George in Daegu, South Korea.

Court has been here almost 18 months now and me and the kiddos only arrived a week ago. It has been a long long hard separation and we are slowly getting reacquainted as a family.

We left the US on the 7th of September. It was just me with 3 kids, 8 pieces of luggage, 3 car seats, 4 back packs and a stroller. I am amazed that I managed it!


Here I am with all the kids...Abby is on the left, Gavin, then me and Maddie.

The flight from LAX to Narita, Japan was about 11 hours. We were super lucky to have bulk head seats. The kids were actually really good. Abby who is not quite 2 was a bit fussy but numerous trips to the bathroom helped. AS well as a bribe of candy now and then....

We did not have a lot of time in Japan to look at the shops. So I just gave the kids time to run around and stretch their legs.

We flew into Busan and met Court there. Took a shuttle to Camp Henry where one of Court's friends picked us up and took us to Camp George. We like on the 4th floor of a 5 story apartment building and there is no elevator. The good news is that they are putting one in and I think it should be done by the end of the year.


Here is our apartment building. You can see the green construction fence around part of it. The windows you see on the 4th floor are part of our apartment.

No comments: