Monday, April 10, 2006

Seomun Market

My dear friend Sue invited me to come shopping with her at Seomun Market. I have wanted to go there for the longest time and I was so glad she asked. She loves to shop as much as I do!

Above is a view from the parking garage. This place is huge. It is like nothing I have ever seen and it was wonderful!!!

There are long alley like things with tables and small shops lining them. Some of it is inside and some of it is outside. It was very crowded and at times I was a bit clausrtaphobic. I am glad I do not have too many issues with personal space because there is none here.

This is some of the outdoor part. All the kids were home with Court. There is no way I could have brought them with me. It was too crowded and a stroller would have gotten stuck.

Loads and loads of people. I was surprised how many people there were considering it was Friday late morning.

There were many, many shops selling Hello Kitty stuff. I love it! But Sue kept telling me to hurry, hurry so I could not stay too long and look. There were so many things I wanted to maybe buy but Sue was looking for something specific and so we rushed through most of it.

After awhile a lot of it looked the same. I felt a little lost like in a maze but Sue knew exactly where she was and where she was going.

We only were in a very small part of the whole market. I need to go back when we have lots of time so I can just walk around and look slowly and not be rushed.

There were a lot of women buying clothes for kids.

Lots of babies strapped onto backs of their moms. I wish I would have had one of these carriers when my kids were babies!

I would have really liked to pick up a few pairs of the sandal/slippers for the girls. But rush, rush from Sue...LOL

So even though Court had given me 200,000 won to spend I only ended up spending around 30,000 of it. I bought a chime for our door and a Hello Kitty Steering Wheel cover for our Kia back home.

I cannot wait to go back!

7 comments:

The Eller Family said...

Hi Megan, thanks for the offer of help. Your shopping pictures are getting me over a Korea hump. It looks fun. Your so lucky to have a guide!!
My email is BeckyEller04@yahoo.com. Email me when you get a chance. I'm working on my grocery list of items to ship over. It seems very overwhelming sometimes. I'd love to hear any advice you can offer. I've never traveled outside the states.

Becky

Miriam said...

Thanks for putting up so many pictures up from South Korea!! I am leaving to go teach english in a school over there next month, and all your posts have given me a better idea about stuff you can and can't get over there. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Wow! My friend Carrie was stationed in Korea and she brought me back all kinds of neat stuff. She got some great shoes there for herself too. She met her husband there, he was stationed there too. Now they are married, and he just got sent to the Middle East yesterday, and she is pregnant and due to have the baby while he is gone. It's her first.

Enough about my friend. I just found your blog because our names are the same.

Bryan Leung said...

Hey, nice blog! :)
Interested in a link exchange?

check me out at:
http://www.studentinkorea.blogspot.com

-Bryan
A Canadian student studying abroad in Korea.

http://www.studentinkorea.blogspot.com

Ulrika Nagel-Shaffat said...

Dear Megan, My name is Ulrika and I will visit Daegu flying out from Germany on Saturday --- it would be great if you took the time to write about Daegu. I hope that you are doing well --- take good care --- Ulli

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEG! :)
I hope you Are having a wonderful day. I am sorry that I have been so quite since your mom's death, but
I have had a really bad year. I won't go into any of my problems, too depressing and this is your day to be happy. I am trying to keep busy to keep my depression under control. seems to be helpiong. Just know that I love you and I will always be here for you if you need me. Kiss your kids for me love Aunt Deb

bathmate said...

its a fabouluse comments , great posting for this page ,lovely and Faboulious,Awesome writing,
really a wonderful blog ,
thank you for a Excellent

Bathmate